Solutions for your Sleepless Nights
Are you finding yourself waking up in the middle of the night with your mind running a million miles a minute?
Put a stop to it and read the below helpful tips on how to get the sleep you need!
You go to bed at around 10 or 11 pm thinking this is a good bed time. I’ll for sure get a decent 6-7 hours of sleep that I need. Then 3 am roles around and you find yourself bright eyed and chipper with a million and one things going on in your mind – what do I need to get done tomorrow? Will I have enough time? Oh no, I forgot to take out the trash! You just can’t sleep at night! Finally, you fall back asleep just before you hear that lovely sound of your alarm clock going off. Now you drag your feet to get ready for the day, pumping coffee into your body to make up for lost sleep.
Let’s try and end this nonsense by practicing the below tips and tricks to a better night’s sleep:
- Get a lot of exercise during the day but avoid exercising right before bed.
- Avoid eating 3 hours before going to bed.
- Don’t drink alcohol or smoke before bed.
- Avoid naps.
- Do not drink caffeine midday – this includes pop, teas, and chocolate.
- Have a regular sleep schedule – going to bed and waking up at the same time, even on weekends.
- Use your bedroom only for sleeping – not for work, emails, or talking on the phone.
- If you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night DO NOT grab your phone or TV remote. Get up to do what needs to be done to satisfy your body – drink, washroom, eat a small snack. But you just have a brilliant idea that you don’t want to forget, right? Write it down! Now stop researching it to the bitter end until the morning.
- Don’t watch the clock – try facing it away from you. If it is a cell phone – do not keep it under your pillow where you know it is so close not to look.
If you find that you have practiced everything you can to getting a better nights sleep and are still tossing and turning in the middle of the night, it might be time for a new mattress. Sleep Boutique is fully equipped with the best mattresses in Calgary and a team of mattress experts that can help you find the mattress that is right for you. An uncomfortable mattress is one of the major causes for a poor night’s rest. Don’t put yourself through the torture any longer, get the sleep you need today!