Low and high profile box springs both offer users advantages and disadvantages; which one you choose at the mattress store has to do with your situation and personal preferences. Here’s a look at both types.
High Profile Box Springs
High profile box springs were the standard size for many years and they are approximately nine inches in height. They are ideal in numerous situations and are the right choice for people who like to sleep high off the ground. Another advantage of a high profile box spring is that it fits most standard dust ruffles.
Low Profile Box Spring
A low profile box spring has a similar construction, but with a lower height of approximately two to six inches. It offers the same support and stability of a high profile box spring. A low profile box spring is an ideal choice any time you want to lower the overall height of the bed; for example:
- The lower height makes the room look less crowded.
- You have a decorative headboard and want more of it to show above the mattress.
- Nightstands appear more proportional with a lower bed.
- Many premium mattresses are taller, so a low profile box spring evens out the total height.
- A lower bed is easier to get into and out of daily.
- It is easier to put sheets and pillows on a lower bed.
Choosing a Box Spring
When you are shopping for a new mattress, choose a box spring to complete the package. Both high and low profile options provide the support and stability required, so the choice is mainly an aesthetic one. The sleep experts can assist you in finding a perfect pairing for your bed.
Your 100% Canadian Calgary mattress store for more advice or to find the mattress or pillow that’s best for you. (403) 287-1960 www.sleepboutique.ca – A Perfect Sleep Starts Here. Yours truly, Colin Crump.
If you are looking for more sleep and wellness advice, or want book Colin for your next event, please email email@example.com or call us.