A good night’s sleep leaves you feeling refreshed and ready to face the day. Unfortunately, sleeping well is difficult at times and there are many things that can disturb your rest. Here are some tips to help you develop healthy sleeping habits for a good night’s sleep.
Tips for a Healthy Sleep
- Maintain a Consistent Sleep Schedule – Try to fall asleep and wake up around the same time, even on the weekend.
- Minimize Blue Light in the Evening – Avoid bright screens and television during the 1-2 hours before bedtime
- Keep Your Bedroom Dark – Make sure your bedroom is dark during the night so your body knows it is time to sleep.
- Exercise Daily – Exercising during the day helps you sleep better and more deeply at night. Just don’t exercise right before bed.
- Have a Relaxing Nightly Ritual – Performing a relaxing routine before bedtime helps you let go of the stress of the day and prepare to fall asleep and remain asleep.
- Choose the Right Mattress – Make sure your mattress is comfortable and provides adequate support for your neck and spine. Foam mattresses and latex mattresses are excellent choices for providing support.
- Limit Nicotine and Caffeine – These stimulants can disrupt your sleep.
- Keep Your Bedroom Cool – Your nighttime bedroom temperature should be between 60-67 degrees.
- Use a Good Pillow – An ideal bed pillow supports your neck and helps maintain spinal alignment.
- Try a Sleep Aid – Foam sleep aids, such as half moons, provide additional support to help you stay comfortable.
Trying a New Combination Can Help You Sleep Better
A new mattress can help you sleep better. Visit your local mattress store for a selection of mattresses, bed pillows, foam sleep aids, and mattress toppers. A new combination can give you a better night’s rest.
Start sleeping better with a sleep consultation from our mattress experts.
Your 100% Canadian Calgary mattress store for more advice or to find the mattress or pillow that’s best for you. (403) 287-1960 www.sleepboutique.ca – A Perfect Sleep Starts Here. Yours truly, Colin Crump.
If you are looking for more sleep and wellness advice, or want book Colin for your next event, please email email@example.com or call us.